Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Greatest Confession of All: Motherhood is Awesome.


I think the reason it's been so long since I've posted is that - I confess - I've found motherhood to have gotten a lot easier!

Since Reuben started crawling and pulling himself up to stand at 7/8 months, he has been a different child. He is happy, giggly, inquisitive, cuddly, and adorable as ever! We have had one horrendous week where he had a virus (and got a tooth), and it was really rough. I was clueless and felt so discouraged - taking care of a sick baby who is either throwing up or asleep is the hardest thing I've ever done.

BUT...a result of that sickness was that he was beyond exhausted - this lead to an easy transition to sleeping through the night! My little man now sleeps 7pm-5am (wakes for milk) and then goes back to sleep til 6. Life is good!! He is SO much happier and well rested now (as am I!) and it makes life so awesome. I am enjoying every singly minute I spend with him and he is learning things at a rapid pace.



I think Ashley and I have a joint confession - that no matter how hard babies might be sometimes, we still wanted more!!! We are both due to have babies 16 and 17 months apart from Addison and Reuben.

I'm sure this will lead to many more confessions of motherhood....

No comments:

Post a Comment