Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

The joys of Jetlag

Well, I meant to post this a few days ago when I was still in the midst of the stress of jetlag.

We just got back from America (see photos below!) and there is a FIVE HOUR time difference. It took a few days to get things back to normal - normal meaning only waking up every 2 hours or so. On top of that, for the first few days Reuben wouldn't go to bed until 11pm every night. Glad that's over with, although he's still super tired and I just let him cry himself to sleep (it didn't take long, maybe 3 minutes. I don't believe in the cry-it-out method.)

Anyways, the worst part of all this schedule-messing-up-ness is that RIGHT before we went to America, literally, days before, we finally got him into a great routine of good afternoon naps and sleeping 4-5 hours at a time at night. It was beautiful. Now, he won't nap more than 45 minutes at a time during the day and although we've had one bout of good luck (a sleep from 7pm-12am), he has been up every 2 hours or so.

I was so happy to have finally got him into a good routine and I feel like we're back at square one now. I'm encouraged because I THINK I know how to solve him sleeping well at night (Good naps) but I'm at a loss as to how to make him nap for more than 45 minutes. Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment